Open Water Diver
- PADI Open Water Diver course can be done for $350.00 for 2-5 days.
- Minimum age for the PADI Discover Scuba Diving is 10.
- Participant must fill out a Medical questionnaire prior to participating in the DSD. If you answer YES to any of the questions, participant must seek medical approval from a medical doctor.
- Student must complete theoretical portion of course through PADI eLearning.
- Course can be done in class should you decide.
- Student pays a separate fee to PADI for the eLearning portion of the course.
- Price includes all gear and material needed.
- Additional dives $65.00
- Does not include any government taxes.
This is the most popular scuba course in the world. It has introduced millions of people to the adventures and exploration of the underwater world. There are two options to complete the PADI Open Water course it depends on your preference and what works best for you:
1) Instructor led classroom approach and
2) complete the theory online via eLearning
This course consists of three main phases:
- Understand the basic principles of scuba diving. If doing eLearning you will complete this at home via internet through PADI eLearning.
- Confined water dives.
- Open water dives to review your skills and being your exploration into the diving world.
The length of the course depends on your comfort level and the weather. We can’t stress enough how beneficial doing the eLearning is as it will save you at least a day of classroom work while on your vacation with us in Roatan. With this said, the practical portion of the course having completed the eLearning is usually 2-4 days. Please be sure to bring with you or provide us with access to your student record file.
Confined water sessions are usually done in the morning and open water dives in the afternoon but the schedule will depend on your preference, comfort level, and weather. The first few dives will be at a max depth of 12 meters/40 feet, your last dives will be at a max depth of 18 meters/60 feet. Junior Open Water divers will go to a max depth of 40 feet.
Upon the successful completion of your course we will take your picture and process your application online via PADI’s website, print you a temporary card and within 15 days your card will be mailed to the address you entered into the system or provided us with.
To being simply sign up for eLearning